Friday 10 August 2012

July’s Flickr Competition: Winner’s Blog


Greetings again LoveBrighton Blogeratti!

The Flickr winner blogs are coming thick and fast this week, with the following from the winner of July’s competition, Love Olympics, LoveBrighton. We chose the photo below as the winner as it showed beautifully Brighton’s Big Screen on the seafront, showing all the Olympics and even some old school blockbusters!

Paul won a £30 voucher to spend at the yummy Coal Shed Restaurant in Brighton’s Lanes. Jealous? So am I! August’s theme is Love Summer, LoveBrighton, so get snapping and get uploading all your summer pics onto the LoveBrighton Flickr page: www.flickr.com/groups/lovebrighton 

Laters potaters!

PS. VERY proud of the Irish girl Katie Taylor winning the first (and probably only) Gold medal for Ireland at the Olympics! :D

Here is what Paul had to say about his winning photo:



When I first heard there was going to be a big screen by the beach showing the Olympics I whooped with delight. I eagerly made a visit along with family and friends on the first Saturday after the marvellous opening ceremony.

The big screen was showing the men’s road race. After the phenomenal success the week before by Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky in the Tour De France – I was keen to see the Brits in action once more and expectations of a Gold were definitely in the air.


Well, a medal didn’t head Team GB’s way in that event but it did not dampen the spirit, as there was such an upbeat and positive vibe in the air.

I decided to attach a fish-eye lens to my camera – so I could really capture the essence of the event – the impressive architecture to the crowds left, the sea to the right, the folks of all ages enjoying watch developments unfold on the big screen, the welcoming blue sky overhead, etc. When I saw the lady with the Union Jack draped over her shoulder I knew it was time to press my shutter button.

No comments: